GAZEBO - real name PAOLO MAZZOLINI - borns in Beirut on '60.He retourns quickly in Italy , his real Country; his father was an Italian diplomatic, and the mother was a not famous American singer: Gazebo couldn't to become than a musician; more specific a music author and a singer of his songs.
In '80's disc-music or 'italo disco', was played in all Italy, all boys want to becomes Dee-jay and in every room - as today there is a desktop Pc - in '80's was a 'mixer', also if the most part of our house was only a good stereo and we were happy however .
Gazebo, after to has been pubblished by an italian talent-scout and producer, with the song 'Master piece" ( n. 3 of video-playlist below) has had a big success.
The success of italo disco arrived also in Russia, in Europe, in South America...
The italian disc-music market has its laws: Singers and authors could to use only their new english names; they must to said to becomes from UK (or Usa), but the big part of pubblic, for example, knows the real name of Raf only after many years from his first success...
Of course that had it reasons. if a simple new italian singer start to make disc-music the pubblic didn't buy his discs, also if the song was good: disc-music come from Usa and only Usa's singers and authors could to make good disco dance music !!1
Course that law is still live; in the most part of markets and for everything to sell.
If I talk bout 'Gazebo' someone can remember, but if I talk about "Paul mazzolini" none remember of him..
That's the reasons why many Italian singer of disc music, after the first success didn't not more...
Even big artists as Raf and Spagna didn't betrayed these laws: still now they use their 'artistic names'.
GAZEBO, owever, still sings and produces song, also if without the same success then a time...
In the video Masterpièce of of biggest succes of Gazebo:
- 1983 - Gazebo (Baby Records)
- 1984 - Telephone Mama (Baby Records)
- 1986 - Univision (Carosello)
- 1988 - The Rainbow Tales (Carosello)
- 1989 - Sweet Life (Carosello)
- 1991 - Scenes From The News Broadcast (Lunatic)
- 1994 - Portrait (Giungla-BMG Italy)
- 1997 - Viewpoint (Softworks)
- 2000 - Portrait & Viewpoint (Softworks)
- 2007 - Ladies! The Art Of Remixage (Softworks)
- 2008 - The Syndrone (Softworks)
- 1982 - Masterpiece
- 1983 - I Like Chopin (#1 Italia, #1 Germania, #1 Svizzera, #1 Austria, #1 Giappone, #3 Francia)
- 1983 - Lunatic (#3 Italia, #4 Germania, #6 Svizzera, #13 Austria)
- 1983 - Love In Your Eyes
- 1984 - Telephone Mama
- 1984 - First
- 1984 - For Anita
- 1986 - Trotsky Burger
- 1986 - Sun Goes Down on Milkyway
- 1987 - Give Me One Day... / Diamonds Are Forever
- 1988 - Coincidence
- 1989 - Dolce Vita
- 1991 - Fire
- 1991 - The 14th of July
- 1991 - I like Chopin 91 (remix)
- 2000 - Masterpiece 2K (remix)
- 2006 - Tears For Galileo
- 2007 - Ladies!
- 2008 - Virtual Love
- 2011 - Queen of Burlesque